Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Still Alive

Well, I survived day one. I have 100% NEVER experienced anything like what I did today. I played sports all of my life, and I don't think I was pushed as hard as I was today. After breakfast was the famous "stop sign hike". You do this every Monday and Saturday and are timed each time going up. It is 4.5 miles one way....and by the end of the hike, you are 1000 feet in elevation higher then when you started. Yep....1000 feet higher. I went into the hike thinking there was no way I would finish...but I DID...yay!





All day was just various classes that we did (kickboxing, circuit, and pool to name a few). Because it is my first week, I have to sit through lectures everyday, which are very interesting and useful.

There are two former BL contestants here right now: Erik Chopin (who won his season, not sure which one though) and Seth Word, which was a finalist on season 2. It has been neat to see them and hear tidbits of their experience while being on the Biggest Loser Show.

The food is good. We eat 1200 calories per day. I haven't been hungry once, and have liked everything that has been served. Below is a few of the meals we have been served:







I feel like there is so much to say, but I need to get to bed. I have a class at 6:00 am called Hardcore....sigh...

Thank to all of you who are praying for me. I need it a lot!

Marla

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! That food looks better than my stupid Speacial K and cereal bars I am choking down ;-) To know someone with your charisma and purpose is such a privelage. I'm proud of you and I hope you don't mind if I refer some of my blog readers to your blog posts. You're an inspiration. Love and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marla, Your blog sounds like it will be fun to read each night. I'm reading all the blogs from the girls there with you at the resort now. My daughter will be there in 5 weeks and it sounds grueling, but that is what she needs to jumpstart her weight loss. Hope your able to keep up your posts. I also said a little prayer for you tonight!! Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marla - Stay Strong! And remember it is Christ who strengthens you! YOU can do all things through him. I will keep you in my prayers and cheer you on from afar!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here, finally! I have been dying to read your blog and today is the first day i had a chance. I have been praying for you every day and i can tell our prayers are working!!! You made it to the stop sign!!! I am sooo proud of you. I knew you could do it! Remember when the going gets tough how many people know you can do it and are standing behind you 100%. Love you, Lori OOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete