Wednesday, January 6, 2010

And the Journey Begins

Well, exactly 10 days from today, I will be heading to the Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge to begin my healthy lifestyle. No, this is not the actual TV show, it is just the resort that Biggest Loser sponsors and endorses. Many people have told me they want to follow my journey, so I thought blogging would be a great idea (even though I like writing as much as I like shots). So, here it goes....

Today I began to ween myself off of Diet Drinks. So far so good. Of course, it is 12:33 am...which means I have gone 33 minutes without a diet drink. But hey, I have to start somewhere. There will be no cokes or artificial sweeteners at the Resort, so I thought I better start getting used to the idea of NO "Diet Dr. Pepper, add vanilla". From now on it will be "water with lemon, please". And the journey begins...

6 comments:

  1. marla, i love the couch (and your blog title). good luck on your journey! i'll be reading your adventure and i'm certainly in awe of your courageousness and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!! I'm so proud of you! As a personal trainer, yoga instructor and exercise physiologist, I know how much dedication and work it takes to do what you're doing. I'll be praying for you!

    Kelley Irwin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you way to go Marla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Marla. I know how hard losing weight is and keeping it off. I'll be looking forward to reading about your journey. I'm on a similar journey myself, so I'm behind you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be so excited! Kick butt and I'll see you February 7th when I start my month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be at FR on January 24 and will be following your blog leading up to my trip. Good luck cutting out soda!

    ReplyDelete