Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thank YOU!!

During lunch today, I received a very nice surprise....a package!! Thank you to everyone who wrote me a note of encouragement. I actually teared up reading all of the letters. It really meant a lot to me that you guys took out the time to do that....so thank you again. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things at ABC....




I have been enjoying the hikes each morning that we go on. Yes, it is hard....yes, I am sweating profusely....yes, I am tired....but it has been great to be outside...seeing all of the mountains. Each hike has great views....and hiking has become my "quiet time" each day. When I am out there, I am usually walking by myself....listening to worship music....praying....grunting as I am trying to get up the hill :)....

The weather has been nice...cold, but nice. The resort is really out in the middle of nowhere. There are a few houses around...but not much more. A lot of mornings as I am walking to my 6:00 am class, I hear roosters crowing in the background...It always makes me stop and smile....

Well, I am going to rest before my three afternoon classes. Thanks again for all of the letters. It meant a lot!

Marla

3 comments:

  1. What hike was the first picture taken at? You look so happy! I, too, hear the roosters far off in the distance. I love using all of my senses when I'm walking around by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea those pictures look like a really cool hike. How did you find that place? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the hikes. The hike was always my favorite part of the day. The quiet, gorgeous scenery and time spent listening to what I enjoy on my ipod was the best.

    ReplyDelete